Tuesday, August 3, 2010

project: jewelry frame

while visiting home this summer, i raided my mom's stash of real simple magazines. i love when i haven't been back to beardstown in a couple months and have a whole stack to flip through! she splurges for the good reads.

i was sitting on the couch.  bridgette, our dog, by my side.
and i found this:




















(image via realsimple.com)

love it.  i love the tiny pins holding up each piece.  i love the art in organizing personal objects.  and i had been dying to find a simple way to organize my (small-ish) jewelry collection - without cluttering up my dresser top.  this was perfect.  it just needed to be a bit larger, and a bit more me.  but.  like most of my ideas/projects... i become excited for the thought, then do nothing about it for months.  same for my jewelry frame.

two months later...last weekend... i was sidewalk sale shopping in andersonville with elaine.  we popped in a dirty, floor to ceiling filled antique junk store.  and i found it.

a $5, dust infested, simple frame with just enough detail without being gaudy! it needs a good clean and a fresh coat of paint, but nothing i can't handle in my own little apartment.

the frame:
























detail of the detail:













and a sneak peek of the material i found today for the inside:













i was thinking of spray painting the frame black... what do you guys think?

i can't wait to get started.  even though i moved into my new apartment at the end of May, i am still struggling with organizing the little things.  i really think this jewelry holder will help with my 'odds and ends' that float around!  


progress reports to come.  stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. i was probably sitting by you too.. :P
    you need to put a link to your etsy on here somewhere.. unless i just havent spotted it?

    ReplyDelete